This archives’ purpose is to preserve, and make available for study, material concerning the history and development of psychiatry and other mental health and addiction services in Canada, especially Ontario. It contains selected records of CAMH and its predecessor institutions.
Conservation / Preservation:
Archival collections include,
- Records of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Queen Street site, including textual records, graphic material including photographs, posters, and art works, architectural records, artifacts, audio-visual recordings, and ephemera, related to the operation of Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Queen Street site, and its predecessor body, the Queen Street Mental Health Centre (QSMHC), as well as the physical evolution of the facility, and the life and work of its staff and patients.
- Records of the Addiction Research Foundation.
- Records of the Canadian Mental Health Association.
- Records of the Canadian Psychiatric Association.
- Records of the Toronto Pyschiatric Hospital / Clarke Institute of Psychiatry.
- Several private record collections relating to the study and treatment of addiction, mental health, and disability.
Address & Contact Information:
1001 Queen Street West
Phone: 416-535-8501 x2159
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, by appointment
Key Words: hospital, disability