The archives hold records and material relating to George Brown College, its antecedent bodies, and associated organizations and individuals.
Conservation / Preservation:
- The business records and related material of George Brown College
- The College’s preceding or absorbed institutions and programs, including:
- Provincial Institute of Trades (PIT),
- Provincial Institute of Trades and Occupations (PITO),
- The Nightingale, St. Joseph’s, and Toronto Regional Nursing Assistants schools;
- The St. Michael’s Hospital School of Health Records Administration.
- Papers: Theses / research materials
- The Louis Fine LL.D. papers (labour relations).
- Association of Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology of Ontario (ACAATO), and the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA).
The archives will accept volunteers and/or interns as staff time to supervise allows. Interested individuals are encouraged to contact the archivist.
Address & Contact Information:
George Brown College Archives, Room F -103
500 Macpherson Ave.
Hours of Operation:
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 a..m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. By Appointment Only
Key Words: education, college