This archives preserves the records of one of Canada’s premier sailing and social clubs.
Archives / Library
The collection includes archival material relating to yachts and pleasure sailing on Lake Ontario and many original documents relating to the social history of Toronto, including
- Documents on the history of the RCYC itself, the Canada’s Cup Challenges, membership registers, yearbooks, minute books, and annual reports.
- Papers donated by prominent Toronto yachtsmen, such as Emelius Jarvis and Paul J. Phelan.
- Drawings by yacht designers such as Herrick Duggan and George Cuthbertson.
- Photographs of famous Toronto yachts.
- News clippings, personal diaries, and yacht logs.
- Lloyd’s Register of Yachts
- Yearbooks of national and international yachting associations and back issues of American, British, and Canadian yachting magazines
Address & Contact Information:
141 St. George Street
Hours of Operation:
City Clubhouse Hours
Monday through Sunday 5:00 am to 11:30pm
Holidays: Monday through Sunday 5:00 am to 5:00 pm
Researchers must make an appointment.
Key Words: recreation, sport