- Photographic Canadiana: Published four times a year, this journal provides information and insights on all aspects of photographic history with a Canadian emphasis. Many writers have personal experience in the photographic industry. Articles have been published on cameras, photographers, manufacturers, old processes, stereo, images, restoration techniques and books.
- Monthly online newsletter.
Photographica-Fair each spring at the Soccer Centre, 7601 Martin Grove Road, Northwest of Downtown Toronto (Woodbridge). Members and the general public come to buy, sell, and swap old photographic equipment, images, and books.
Monthly meetings at 7:00 pm every third Wednesday (except July and August) in the North York Central Library, Memorial Hall (Gold Room), 5120 Yonge at Park Home, North York, Ontario. The eclectic program of guest speakers covers topics of interest to photo historians as well as camera and image collectors.
Awards program to encourage research into the history of photography and publication of the findings:
- Annual Research Award is an annual award of $500 for the best essay or monograph by a student on any aspect of Canadian photographic history. The runner-up award is $250.
- Research Grant is a $500 grant to be awarded annually to a current member of the PHSC for original research into Canada’s photographic history.
- Publication Grant is a grant of up to $1,000 to a member of the PHSC to aid in the publication of original research into Canada’s photographic history in book or monograph form.