A large archive is being accumulated documenting Canada’s motorsport history, featuring racing programs, articles, photographs, and videos. Contact: email@example.com
A collection of important race cars, motorcycles and a record-setting Grand Prix boat.
- Motorsports vehicles, trophies, photographs, and memorabilia are on display.
- The Canadian Motorsports Hall of Fame now has 150 inducted honourable members, who have been recognized for their accomplishments and contributions to Canadian motorsports. These men, women, and companies have earned the privilege to be a part of the Hall. Categories for induction include: Competitors, Motorsport Builders, Team Members and Significant Contributors. An International category was recently added.
Conservation / Preservation:
D.K. (Doc) Seaman Hockey Resource Centre, named in honour of one of the founding owners of the Calgary Flames, is a 18,000 square foot facility and now the new home of the Hockey Hall of Fame’s vast artefact and archival collections. It is the most comprehensive archive and research facility in the world dedicated to collecting and preserving resource materials related to the history of hockey:
- Approximately 4,000 hockey sticks donated by players and teams of all levels
- Near complete hockey magazine runs of The Hockey News, Hockey Pictorial, Hockey Digest, Sports Illustrated, Hockey Illustrated, Hockey Today, Hockey World, Goal Magazine, Beckett Hockey Monthly, NHL This Week, Les Canadiens, Inline Magazine, The Amateur Hockey Journal, American Hockey Magazine, Stanley Cup, The Stratford Files, etc…
- Hockey publications on nearly every aspect of the game including teams, league and tournament histories, player biographies, coaching, international hockey, women’s hockey, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the origin of the game, arenas, trades, trivia, etc.
- Various programs from professional, amateur, women’s, and international hockey league games and tournaments.
- Biographical photo and press clipping files on teams, leagues, trophies, and individual players.
- Near complete runs of media and statistical guides from domestic and international teams, leagues, drafts, and tournaments.
- Microfiche collection of The Hockey News from 1947 through to 1987.
- Various hockey videos featuring game action, coaching, scouting material, etc…
- Binders of collectibles including hockey cards, schedules, tickets, and postcards.
- Donated personal collections containing historic photos, clippings and statistics.
- Photographer Photo Collections including the Turofsky brothers, Derik Murray, Paul Bereswill, Jack and Peter Mecca, Brain and Steve Babineau, Frank Prazak, Lewis Portnoy, James Kelly, Joe DiMaggio and Joanne Kalish, Ralph Bacon, Miles Nadal, Doug MacLellan, Matthew Manor, and Dave Sandford.
- Company Photo Collections from O-Pee-Chee and Graphic Artists.
- Newspaper Photo Collections from the Ottawa Citizen and Oshawa Times.
- Images from international tournaments such as the ’72 Summit Series, Canada Cup, World Cup, Winter Olympic Games, Men’s, Women’s and Junior World Championships, Spengler Cup, and many more.
- Various catalogued images of amateur to the professional leagues, players, coaches, trophies, and arenas.
- Hockey equipment, uniforms, and trophies.
- Histories of individual hockey franchises
- A to-scale replica of the renowned space within the Montreal Forum which was home to 23 Stanley Cup champions between 1924 and its closing in 1996. Player stalls commemorating some of the greatest Montreal Canadiens, including Guy Lafleur, Jacques Plante, Jean Beliveau, Ken Dryden and Howie Morenz, encircle the area.
- A movie, The Stanley Cup Odyssey, presenting a history of the NHL in Canada.
- Interactive hockey games.
- Participatory hockey broadcasting.
- Trivia games.
- Displays of hockey cards, tickets, coins, games, dolls, apparel, pennants and food items from around the world.
- Vintage hockey films.
- Tissot World of Hockey Zone, dedicated to world hockey memorabilia and multi-media presentations.
An extensive program for school children; see online description.
Archives & Artefacts
Records and artefacts relating to the CNE Association, the Board of Governors of Exhibition Place, The Warriors’ Day Parade Council, the Canadian International Air Show and Exhibition Place grounds, in the form of textual records, photographs, film, audio recordings, and printed materials.
Private papers and artefacts that relate specifically to the history of Exhibition Place and previous events held on the grounds.
Seasonal; open to the public during Canadian National Exhibit (mid-August to Labour Day) revolving around archival and artefactual holdings
Photographic exhibits, records of tournament results as well as club histories are available for viewing.
Variety of tour centered educational programs for school groups, group events, service clubs, and community organizations.
A self-guided tour of the museum is geared to a variety of grades and curricula. Students are provided with a scorecard to work their way around the Hall of Fame “discovering” the answers to a variety of math, science, language, and social science questions.
Hands-on activities include putting with two hundred year old style equipment, equipment assembly, and golf course design.