Conservation / Preservation:
The United Church of Canada Archives includes the General Council Archives and the Central Ontario Conferences Archives serving Bay of Quinte, Hamilton, London, Manitou and Toronto Conferences. Material types within our collection include textual records, photographs, audiovisual and architectural records.
The collections include the following:
- General Council records, photographs and audiovisual records.
- Records of antecedent denominations, including Methodist, Presbyterian, Congregationalist, and union, prior to establishment of the United Church in 1925.
- Records created by individuals and organizations affiliated with the United Church of Canada, including those of former staff, including those operating overseas, and ecumenical and interchurch organizations.
- Records of 15 Indian Residential Schools, operated, prior to 1925, by the Methodist and Presbyterian churches and afterword by the United Church of Canada, primarily in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- Conference and presbytery records for Bay of Quinte, Hamilton, London, Manitou, and Toronto.
- Microfilm collection including, baptismal, marriage, and burial records, including those of the Methodist, Presbyterian, Congregational and Evangelical United Brethren Churches, and, notably, the Wesleyan Methodist Baptismal Register for the period 1826-1910.
- Presbyterian, Congregational and Evangelical United Brethren Churches, and, notably, the Wesleyan Methodist Baptismal Register for the period 1826-1910.